- “Los Huskies” Leadership and Coaching Program focuses on a student’s self-knowledge by incorporating a hybrid curriculum that includes a coaching and community project into each student’s personal growth and leadership development plan. The Latino SCC connects each student with a peer coach and an alumni coach, in addition to giving them the opportunity to engage in a community involvement project to further develop the workshop concepts as they learn them in real time.
- Career Development Workshops & Professional Networking (CAMINOS) offers student the opportunity to meet with Northeastern’s Latino/a professional leaders and talk about career paths and tips.
- The LSCC offers computer guided Rosetta Stone Latin-American Spanish (levels 1-3) for free to all Northeastern University students, faculty, staff and community.
- The Latinx Student Cultural Center (LSCC) is offering free peer tutoring services during the Fall & Spring semesters.
- With the help of community and university partners, the LSCC annually puts together a month of festivities to commemorate Hispanic Heritage Month (HHM). In previous years, we brought cultural awareness activities, impactful speakers and exciting performances to celebrate its significance on campus.
The Latinx Student Cultural Center at Northeastern University is more than a resource center for students; it is a home away from home. The LSCC empowers Latino/a leaders of tomorrow in an increasingly global environment through their academic, personal and professional development. The Center promotes interactions between NU students from diverse backgrounds to enhance their academic, cultural, and social experience. The Center offers programming that focuses on leadership development, socio-cultural experience, alumni involvement, community outreach through civic engagement and academic support. From cooking classes, to salsa dancing, to academic and financial support, the LSCC offers programs and opportunities that add great value to the Northeastern experience. From exploring identity through food, music, programs, and travel, to academic and financial support through our LaCLA full titian scholarship, the LSCC offers programs and opportunities that add great value to the Northeastern experience.
We invite all students to join us and be part of our growing diverse community of students. The consciousness building and fantastic friendships that are found here is a truly magnificent component of the NU experience. I hope you will take advantage of our center; its resources and its people.